Please Read Carefully
The following text is a full statement of the privacy and cookies policy of FindThat which is the trading name of WhatsAppThat Limited, a company registered in Wales & England under company number 11577957 whose registered office at Boho Five, Bridge Street East, Middlesbrough, United KingdomTS2 1NY(we, us, or our). We believe your business is no one else’s, and are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. Privacy is important to you and to us.
For the purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act) and/or any other relevant data protection legislation, we are the data controller.
Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Submitted Information: You may give us information about you by filling in forms on our site or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you register to receive emails from us, search for a product, place an order on our site, enter a competition, promotion or survey, participate in any interactive features that are currently, or may in future, be offered by our site, and when you report a problem with our site. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number, financial and credit card information, personal description and photograph or other information.
- Collected Information: We may also collect information about you automatically, as set out below:
- Technical Information: Each time you visit one of our site we may automatically collect technical information about your device or computer, including where available details of the type of computer or device you use, your operating system and platform, a unique device identifier (for example, your device’s mobile number or IMEI number), the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer or device to the internet, the type and version of browser you use and time zone setting. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
- Information on Use of Our site: details of your visits to our site including, but not limited to, text that you upload, traffic data, location data, weblogs, search results and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise) and the resources that you access (including products you viewed or searched for), full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time), page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
- Third Party Information: We may receive information about you from third party sources or if you use any of the other websites we operate or the other services we provide. We also work closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies) and may receive information about you from them.
IP Addresses and Cookies
We use the following kinds of cookies:
- Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of our website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our website.
- Analytical/performance cookies. They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
- Functionality cookies. These are used to recognise you when you return to our website. This enables us to personalise our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
- Targeting cookies. These cookies record your visit to our website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make our website and the advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose.
More specifically, we also use:
- Google analytics: to carry out statistical analysis of page use, page interactions and paths through our Site to evaluate and develop our Site. This is known as ‘digital analytics’. We may also record certain information that customers provide during during any interaction with our Site.
This information allows us to understand individual behaviours and needs more accurately. For more information on how Google uses the data collected via this service, visit http://www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/
To opt out of being tracked via Google Analytics, you can also use Google’s opt-out browser add-on: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout
• your device’s IP address (collected and stored in an anonymised format);
• your email address including first name and surname;
• device screen size;
• device type (unique device identifiers) and browser information;
• geographic location (country only); • preferred language used to display the webpage.
• Our servers automatically record information which is created upon using Hotjar.This data includes:
• referring domain;
• pages visited;
• geographic location (country only);
• preferred language used to display the webpage;
• date and time when website pages were accessed.
Uses made of your Information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
Submitted Information: We will use this information:
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
- to ensure that content on our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer or device;
- to send you, using third party agencies as appropriate, emails or newsletters, information about goods or services, other news from us, or other marketing communications from us, if you have signed up for this. Please note that you can opt out of these communications at any time, and we use MailChimp to manage our email marketing and information services;
- for the purposes of system administration; and
- to notify you about changes to our site.
Collected Information: We will use this information:
- to administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer or device;
- as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure;
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our site about goods or services that may interest you or them.
Third Party Information: We may combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We may us this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
Please note that if you do withdraw your consent whilst you can still view most of our site you will not be able to join or receive newsletters, or place orders for products with us, and you accept and acknowledge that we have no liability to you in any such event.
Disclosure of your information
We may share your personal information with any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries.
We may share your information with selected third parties including:
- Business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with you and to assist us with our marketing or newsletter communication with you (where appropriate).
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site.
- Where we provide a credit rating service through our Site in future, credit reference agencies for the purpose of assessing your credit score.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If we or substantially all of our assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by us about our customers will be one of the transferred assets.
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal or regulatory obligation or request, including with respect to requests regarding licensing of copyrighted content.
- In order to:
• protect our operations, rights, property or safety, that of our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
We will not disclose your personal information to non-connected third-party organisations for advertising or marketing purposes.
Storage of your personal data
The data may be stored and processed in the UK, Ireland or any other country where we, our subsidiaries, affiliates, agents or suppliers are located. We will not transfer the data we collect from you to, or store it at, a destination outside the EEA.
Information may be processed by staff who work for us. We will only provide those companies the information they need to deliver the relevant services, and they are prohibited from using that information for any other purpose.
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password that enables you to access our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
We shall use reasonable commercial endeavours to store all information you provide to us safely and securely and protect it from loss, misuse, unauthorised access or disclosure, alteration, or destruction. Unfortunately however, the transmission of information via the internet, or storage of information digitally, is never completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to us or our site or otherwise. Any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use reasonable commercial procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
We will store the data you provide for as long as you have an active account on with our site. After you have deleted your account we will hold you data If you have not used our site for some time, we may contact you to determine whether you still wish us to hold your data or if you would like to delete your account.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates (including, but not limited to, websites on which our products are advertised). If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites and any services that may be accessible through them have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies or for any personal data that may be collected through these websites or services, such as contact and location data. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites or use these services.
Access to information
The Act and the General Data Protection Regulation 2016 give you the right to, among other things:
- request access to, deletion of or correction of, your data;
- request their personal data be transferred to another person; and
- complain to a supervisory authority.
Your rights under (1) and (2) above can be exercised by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Any access request will be subject to applicable legislation, and if it is “manifestly unfounded or excessive” we may either charge a “reasonable” fee, taking into account our administrative costs, or may refuse to act on the request altogether.
You also have the right to ensure that we hold correct and up to date information. If you believe that any information we hold about you is incorrect or out of date, or otherwise have any complaints about how we have treated and processed your information please contact us by emailing us at email@example.com.
We may need to ask you for further information and identification to help us to comply with this request.
If you have a complaint about how we have processed or dealt with your data that we have been unable to resolve, you can contact the Information Commissioner’s Office, the body responsible for enforcing data protection law within the UK, for further advice and assistance. Their website is available at https://ico.org.uk/.
Was this article helpful?